Punchdrunk Panda Survives St. James!
I survived the frantic ingress set-up on a ridiculously small yet insanely expensive booth space.
The humidity that turned our skin into fly paper.
The stifling heat that made customers nearly faint at our booth, literally.
(Good thing we had a soon-to-be registered nurse at our booth — Yes, PdP is that awesome.)
The pain in our feet and legs for standing long hours.
The not 2, not 3, and still not 4, but 5 - FIVE! - days for all of that.
The weary egress and spatial challenge of reloading all of our stuff into the cars.
I would like to credit my survival to the following:
• Coolman Halo-halo (if you read this, Coolman peeps, you can get me as an endorser)
• The amazing insulation of our Rubbermaid jugs — We had cold water throughout the day!
• Our awesome, awesome customers who told us Punchdrunk Panda was awesome — It’s you guys that keep us going! :D
• Dolo & Joseph for doing a shift on Monday
• Larry for helping with ingress, egress, and driving
• My sweet, sweet Nek-nek (Nica) and Kreng-kreng (Jonver) for doing 4 whole day shifts and still being super game until the end. And giving me a surprise that made me cry. HO HO. LOL. :P
• And the deity that answered the prayers I threw out into the universe and gave me and my team the strength and happiness to last the entire bazaar. There is no way we could have made it without some divine intervention. Seriously.
Mustachio-ing Audrey Hepburn,